When you remember a good story, tell it! We'll all pitch in and add our two cents in the comments. Let's save our family history!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

When Keishi was born.

When we moved to the US in 1984, I was expecting KJ already, and I was told he was due around April 10. At my first appointment and ultrasound in the US, I was told I was due on the 25th, two weeks later than I had been told in Japan. Being the obedient person I am, I went into labor on the 25th, and after several hours spent walking in figure 8's through Aunt Nancy's kitchen, family room, and dining room, the family made me get in the car to go to the birthing center.

Once there, the doctor felt I would have Keishi for several hours, and told Nancy she could go to her class and be back in plenty of time. Of course he was born about 15 minutes later, probably before Nancy even got out of the parking lot.

Because of the calcification of the placenta and how wrinkly he was, they told me he was at least 2 weeks late.

1 comment:

  1. I remember KJ being born. Being at Aunt Nancy's for part of the day. And you coming home with KJ. I remember thinking how are you walking around like nothing happened when you just had a baby? I have no idea how at 4 years old I understood the birthing process, and that you should have been resting, mom

    ReplyDelete